Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Tongan Language Week!



Flag of Tonga | Britannica

Malo e lelei, this week in September we celebrate Tongan Language week in lock - down, the theme for the week is : Fakakoloa 'o Aotearoa 'aki 'ae ako lelei > Enriching Aotearoa with holistic learning.  The theme serves as a conversation starter on the importance of holistic education, diverse forms of learning, and how Aotearoa can benefit from it. When you learn your education doesn't stop at school because you learn everywhere like at home, work and places and you know new things. Something I have learned from my mother was to make Lu ( Taro Leaves ) . I want to sustain my culture by passing down the traditions my parents taught me to my kids in the future because culture is very important. Something I want to teach is to always value your culture because it's in your blood.


 Happy Tongan Language Week ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment